Agroecology for Europe (AE4EU) aims to contribute to Agroecology research and innovation development through different strategic objectives and major avenues to reach them. In this regard, the project will aim at mapping and analyse the local, regional and national state of art initiatives in different European countries, as well as analyse different national and regional policies for Agroecology and provide recommendations for future reinforcement and adaptation of funding schemes to enhance research, practice and innovation of Agroecology in Europe. Among those goals, the project aims at exploring the contribution of foundations in supporting agroecology across Europe. In the frame of the project AE4EU, this internship will aim at understanding the intervention strategies for agroecology in Europe from private foundations.
The internship will have the main goals:
- Surveying and analyzing funding mechanisms for agroecology projects by the private sector in Europe
- Conducting interviews with private foundations • Drafting a final report and discussing results with partners and stakeholders
- Potential support in the preparation of (two) dedicated workshops on this issue.
- Optional: To carry out the work in the frame of a master thesis (6 months) – with a supervisor from the university of origin, but with support from Samuel Feret (AEEU), and somebody from ISARA, Lyon.
- fluent in English (written and spoken) and good working knowledge of French would be an advantage
- an analytical mindset, ability to carry out research and present results
- the ability to write reports in a clear and concise form
- familiar with agriculture, food issues and with philanthropy
- the ability to conduct interviews with stakeholders
- the capacity to work autonomously
- a master level in relevant subjects: social/political sciences and/or business school
- currently enrolled as a student
- university internship with an internship contract between the university and Agroecology Europe, or master thesis contract
- Remote work only
If you are a student enrolled with a university and looking for a remote internship for 3-6 months (6 months if master thesis internship) for autumn 2022, send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Download the internship description here.
(c) Picture: Alfred Grand, Grand Farm (AT)