Scientific Staff Member (f, m, d)
(Agroecology, Environmental Sciences, Geoecology)
from the next possible date until 31.10.2023 in part-time with 65% of the regular weekly working hours on the topic of “Agroecological transformation towards sustainable land use systems“.
The position is linked to the EU-funded project “Agroecology for Europe” (AE4EU). The aim of AE4EU is to develop a conceptual framework for agricultural Living Labs (LL) and similar research infrastructures (RI) for the European Union and to develop a European network for the exchange of agroecology actors. AE4EU will improve the understanding of structures and functions of existing LL/ RI and develop tools and frameworks for future LL/ RI to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture and food systems. Overall, AE4EU will empirically analyse current LL and RI, identify successes and barriers to the transition to sustainable land use, and develop resources to inform future strategies for agroecology in Europe and beyond.
- Creation of a database on established LL and RI using existing information and further data from questionnaire surveys:
- Conduct questionnaire surveys for (selected) LL/ RI
- Trait-based analysis of functional and structural characteristics in current LL and RI
- Analysis of methods for monitoring and research data management in LL and RI
- Evaluation of LL and RI with regard to sustainability aspects
- Contribute to the development of concepts and guidelines for future LL/ RI and support the development of toolboxes
- Supporting the preparation of reports, presentations and manuscripts, as well as presenting project-related results at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Supporting the organisation and implementation of focus group meetings
- Support the development of SMART indicators
- University degree (M.Sc., Univ. Diploma) in agroecology, environmental sciences, landscape ecology, sustainability, geoecology or closely related fields required
- Doctorate desirable
- Interest in agricultural and environmental topics and a good understanding of agroecosystems and agricultural systems required
- Experience in the application of multidisciplinary methods and working practices is an advantage
- Experience in statistical data analysis, especially trait-based analysis, preferably with R, required
- Extensive knowledge of stakeholder analyses and experience in stakeholder participation desirable
- Ability to work independently required
- Experience with inter- and transdisciplinary teamwork and with working in international and multi-partner re-search projects advantageous
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Download the full job description below and apply latest by the 15th of November 2022.
(c) Picture : Alfred Grand, Grand farm Austria